Saturday, October 16, 2010

Snare Trap


Can you love a liar? Can you look past her faults, the clever sidesteps around honesty, and build a life on a foundation of deceit? Can I? That’s a question I’m confronted with as a stranger’s wrinkled, green face watches blood wash from my hands and swirl pink down the drain.

My name is Marshall Graham. With my best friend in tow I’ve flown across the country to a strange city filled with stranger people. Fueled by desperation and exasperation, longing for a world promised to me but never realized, I'll risk everything to confront a woman, a digital specter of my affection and see if she returns my feelings.

In a few minutes I’ll leave this room, this foxhole stinking of stale beer and vomit and bad perfume, and continue a quest where sanity and survival aren't guaranteed. This is my story of love waged in the new millennium, my attempt to connect in a world defined by its disconnectedness. And the ink isn’t dry yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow - watch out Tarantino! The book was shocking, bizzare, and very exciting - I couldn't put the book down. Good work Jay, however I'm not sure if I can look at you quite the same way, knowing now what goes through your mind. -

Tina Hlushak